Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
There is nothing more comforting than a good casserole. I will take this to a potluck at church in a heartbeat! My kids will eat this! And my hubby has given this recipe a two thumbs up! It’s delicious! I found this recipe on Pinterest on the site of DearCrissy.com. I adapted it to make it a little more healthy and better for those of us who are trying to eat clean. I also added a little spice and some delicious spinach. The homemade ranch seasoning recipe I got from one of my favorite cookbooks, The Frugal Paleo Cookbook by Ciarra Hannah. Enjoy this delightful casserole. I know we do! 😊
• 8 slices of bacon, fried crispy
• 2 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
• ½ cup Greek yogurt
• ½ cup avocado mayonnaise
• 1 portion of homemade ranch seasoning:
o 1tsp dried dill weed
o 1 tsp dried parsley
o ½ tsp garlic powder
o ½ tsp onion powder
o ½ tsp black pepper
• ¼ tsp black pepper
• ½ cup Colby Jack cheese (shred it yourself)
• 1 cup cheddar cheese (shred it yourself)
• 4 Tbsp. of chopped fresh green onions, divided
• 1 Jalapeno, diced small
• 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
• 1 small sweet or yellow onion, Diced small
1. Preheat oven to 370 degrees.
2. Steam Cauliflower for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. While cauli is steaming, cut bacon, onion, and jalapeno up into small pieces. Cut spinach into small strips. Cook bacon, jalapeno, and onion until crisp, and put on paper towel to drain. Cook spinach in same pan you cooked the bacon, onion, and jalapeno in until wilted.
4. Combine Greek yogurt, avocado mayo, homemade ranch seasoning, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add steamed cauliflower, ½ the bacon, cooked spinach, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Mix well.
5. Transfer mixture to baking dish, if using a not stone to back make sure you coat baking dish with a little clarified butter applied to paper towel to help not stick.
6. Top the casserole with ½ cup Colby Jack cheese and rest of the bacon mixture. Cover dish with foil and cook for about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is bubbly golden—about 10- 15 minutes.
7. Garnish with green onions. And Serve!
#thefrugalpaleocookbook #ciarrahannah #cauliflower #healthycasserole