My husband and I went to an Indian food restraunt, and I was inspired to find something I could create at home. Since I try to stay as close to gluten free and carb free as I can, I chose to use cauliflower steaks as a medium with my Lamb Khema. Let me tell you, it was a crowd pleaser. Really easy and really healthy. Below is where I found the recipe for the cauliflower steaks. Seriously, try this!! I give it 2 thumbs up!
Published on March 30, 2016 | By Michelle DeBerge glutensugardairyfree.com
• 1 large head of cauliflower
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
• 1 1/12 teaspoons fresh ginger
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• fresh ground black pepper
• 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees F
2. Using a sharp knife, remove the leaves and trim the end of the cauliflower leaving the core intact. Then cut 3/4 inch steaks out of the head cutting straight down from the top to the bottom.
3. In a large skillet add the coconut oil and heat over medium high heat. Add the cauliflower steaks and brown each side (about 2-3 minutes a side). Place on baking sheet.
4. In a small bowl add a melted tablespoon coconut oil and the spices except the cilantro. Mix well. Use a brush and brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with the seasoning mixture.
5. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until brown and tender. Then garnish with the chopped cilantro.