This was absolutely divine! I does pack a punch, but you don’t realize it until your almost done eating it! SO FUN! Supper healthy! You can make it with spinach or kale or both! You defiantly get your greens in with this dish! I got the recipe from the below site. I changed the lamb to Chicken, you really could even use beef stew meat. I also changed the cream to coconut milk. This is silky and super flavorful! Another hit for our Friend Friday Indian Inspired Dinner.
2-3 lbs Chicken cut up into cubes
4 tbsp ghee, divided
2 dried red chilis
1 one-inch stick of cinnamon
4 green cardamom pods
1 tbsp coriander seeds
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 large onion, diced
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tomatoes, diced
6 cups spinach, or any mixed greens (mustard, kale, etc)
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp crushed kasoori methi (sub: celery flakes)
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a heavy-bottomed sauté pan, heat two tbsp ghee. Salt and pepper chicken evenly. Brown the chicken cubes and transfer to bowl after done cooking.
2. In the same pan that was used to brown the meat, add the red chilis, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves. Sauté until you can smell the aroma.
3. Add the coriander seeds and cumin seeds. Once they start to pop, add the onions.
4. Sauté onions until almost golden brown.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste and turmeric. Sauté till raw smell goes away.
6. Add tomatoes. Cover and simmer until tomatoes are soft. Add the greens. Carefully mix in the greens and let simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth.
8. Heat remaining ghee in the previous pan and add the blended greens mixture.
9. Add the coriander, cumin, and kasoori methi.
10. Cover and simmer for ten minutes. Adjust salt as necessary.
11. Add the chicken. Cover and simmer for another 20 minutes, stirring often. Add a little water if needed.
12. Stir in coconut milk and garam masala.
13. Serve hot.
Note: I also marinated my chicken to give it more flavor. Below is my recipe for my marinade.
Ingredients: 1 small greek yogurt, 1 tbs garlic, 2 tbs celery flakes, 3 tbs curry powder, salt and pepper, 2 dashes of tonys, 2 dashes cayenne, and a generous supply of cilantro
Let marinade for about and hour.