I found this recipe in one of my all time favorite cookbooks. If you have yet to purchase this cookbook, please do. I have yet to find something I will never make again. It is called ‘The Frugal Paleo Cookbook’. It is written by Ciarra Hannah. This recipe is by far one of my new favorites. In fact, it was the favorite dish at our Indian Inspired Friend Friday Dinner.
For the Meatballs:
1 lb ground lamb
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
2 tbs avocado oil
1 sweet onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 to 4 tbsp of curry sauce (start with two, then taste to add more)
½ cup coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs. Roll meat into balls, should make 10 to 12—depending on how big you make them.
3. Heat pan with oil and cook meatballs to give them a crust. Once there is a crust on the meatballs, put on baking sheet and bake in oven for about 25 minutes.
4. While meatballs are cooking, make the sauce. In the same pan you crusted your meatballs place a tad more oil and onions and garlic. Cook until onion are translucent with a little brown color starting to show.
5. Add tomatoes and curry powder. Stir to combine and let bubble a few times.
6. Next pour mixture into blender and blend until smooth, then place right back into pan.
7. Add your meatballs and cover with a lid and simmer for about 15 minutes.
8. Take lid off and give a good stir and add coconut milk and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve warm! Enjoy!!