As deserts go, this is pretty healthy. Yea, it has some sugar–but not so much its bad. My guests loved this. It was super easy to make and it made me look like was on top of my game when I made it. It was so good!
• 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree (or scant 2 cups homemade pumpkin puree)
• 1 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
• 3-4 Tbsp mascarpone cheese
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp molasses, more for garnish
• 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 1/2-2 tsp ground cinnamon
• Pinch of nutmeg
• Chocolate chips for garnish
• Chopped hazelnuts or walnuts for garnish
1. Place the pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt and the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips and nuts, in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand electric mixer or a whisk, mix together until you reach a smooth consistency.
2. Taste and add more brown sugar or cinnamon, if needed. Mix again to combine.
3. Transfer the pumpkin-yogurt mixture to small (3-oz) serving goblets or small mason jars. Cover and refrigerate briefly. When ready to serve, top each with a drizzle of molasses, chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts or walnuts. Enjoy!