I found this recipe in my favorite cookbook, The Frugal Paleo Cookbook—by Ciarra Hannah. I did adapt it a little; but not by much. I love this chicken. It is so easy, and it tastes so fresh and bright. The lemon is not overpowering, and it pairs with so many great veggie sides. Seriously try this. It so good.
2 lbs. chicken thigh, boneless and skinless
Tony’s, to taste
Salt, to taste
2 to 3 TBS of avocado oil
1 Tbs capers
Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat a large frying pan with avocado oil to about med-high heat.
3. While pan is heating, take out chicken thighs and sprinkle Tony’s on the top side of chicken. Turn chicken over and sprinkle only salt (Tony’s will give that extra kick, I promise).
4. Once pan is hot, take chicken and sear them, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. When its done put it in a oven safe pan.
5. During cooking time of chicken, cut 1 lemon in round slices and juice the second lemon and set juice aside. Also, have capers measured out and ready.
6. When all the chicken is seared and in oven safe pan, pour lemon juice over chicken and place one slice of lemon on each chicken thigh on top. Sprinkle with capers. Put dish in oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Serve chicken with lemon and capers and add a little of the sauce that is in the bottom of the pan. Absolutely yum!