I LOVE FISH! I found this recipe, well a variation of it, from Spencer Watts–Fish the Dish. I absolutely love his easy recipes and his fun personality. He is probably a new favorite cook show host for me. I wanted to stay away from the processed potato chips, so I switched to panko. I also added cilantro and switched the lime to pickle juice, don’t knock it till you try it. It was absolutely delicious.
• 2 cups (480 ml) Panko
• ½ cup (120 ml) mayonnaise (I use avocado mayo)
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped dill
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped cilantro
• ½ tsp (2.5 ml) pepper
• ¼ cup mango habanero pickle juice
• 4 cod fillets, ½ pound (226 g) each
• avocado oil, for greasing pan
1. Heat oven to 450F (230C).
2. Add panko to a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, melted butter, dill, parsley, pepper and lime juice. Smooth mayonnaise mixture over both sides of fish. Press into panko to coat both sides.
3. Place in a greased baking pan and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
Honey Garlic-Dijon Green Beans
- 2 lbs Fresh Green Beans
- 4 to 5 tbsp butter or ghee
- 3 tbsp Dijon
- 3 to 4 tbsp honey (to taste)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 to 4 tbsp chopped garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot add water and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling add green beans and cook to desired doneness.
- While green beans are boiling, add the rest of the ingredients in a small sauce pan and cook until garlic turns a little brown and parsley and cilantro turn a beautiful dark green color. about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain green beans. Add sauce over green beans and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.