As I have said before I love fish. I lived in Alaska for almost two years, and I would love to live there again. I was exposed to some awesome seafood. I was exposed to some awesome pieces of alternative red meats, like moose, elk, and deer. I loved how fresh all the meats were, but that was mostly because the people I rented from were outdoorsy. I never went without meat of some sort: salmon, crab, halibut, moose, elk, deer. It was truly a cookers heaven. I learned so many different ways to make salmon. This recipe is one that I found on “Gimme Some Oven” on Pinterest. It is the closest recipe that I have found to the one in Alaska. So enjoy, I enjoy this recipe every time I make it.
1 to 2 lbs salmon
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
3 Tbs chopped parsley
4 to 5 Garlic cloves chopped
1/2 juice from a lemon
1/3 tsp paprika, and sprinkle generously on salmon
Salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle on salmon
1. Heat oven to 375.
2. Prepare your honey mustard sauce by adding all ingredients together and mixing well(not salmon).
3. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and place salmon on foil. Salt and pepper salmon.
4. Spoon honey mixture over top and fold aluminum foil over salmon. Bake in oven for 14 to 15 minutes. Or until salmon is cooked through.
5. Remove salmon from oven, pull back foil and put oven on the broiler setting. Put salmon back in oven uncovered for about 2 to 3 minutes. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
6. Plate salmon and serve and enjoy!