This was a quick and easy weeknight dinner! It was hit! I found this recipe on Pinterest, and I just made it as clean and healthy and glutton free as I could! It was delicious! My roasted butternut squash mash was super easy. Oven 400 degrees, on a sheet pan place cubed up butternut squash, a little oil over squash and season with salt and pepper and bake for 25- 30 minutes, then blend with a little almond milk. See easy! And oh so good!
• 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
• kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
• fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 4 tablespoons butter, divided
• 4-5 cloves garlic , minced
• 10.5 ounces (1 can) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (found mine at sprouts)
• 3/4 cup water
• 2 to 3 cups chopped broccoli
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
• lemon wedges , optional
Serve with rice or pasta, I used butternut squash puree.
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
2. Heat large pan on medium-high heat. Melt half the butter (2 tablespoons). Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is browned. Remove chicken from pan, cover and keep warm.
3. In same pan melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add the garlic and cook until garlic is lightly brown and fragrant. Whisk in the condensed cream of chicken soup and water. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbly, then turn heat down to low.
4. Add chicken and broccoli back into the pan cover the pan with a lid and cook for about another 10 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through. If you want more firm or al-dente broccoli, add the broccoli after the chicken is almost cooked so that the broccoli is more crunchy.
5. Serve with rice or pasta and wedges of lemon. Garnish with chopped parsley.