I found this recipe on Pinterest and of course I made it my own. I altered ingredients and ways of cooking it as well. That’s what I do. I can’t leave well enough alone, most of the time it works out really well—I have had some duds. BUT don’t worry this is not one! You can serve this yumminess over rice, riced veggies, or even mashed cauliflower. We just ate it plan. And I didn’t even ask my husband if he liked it, when he goes back for thirds…I know I did good. 😊
4 to 5 pieces of boneless skinless chicken thighs
Salt and pepper, to season chicken
3 to 4 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs minced garlic
1 tbs minced ginger
1 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
1 cup honey
¼ tsp Chinese spice
1 to 2 tsp paprika
1 to 2 tsp chili flakes (depending on how spicy you like)
1-2 tbs arrowroot flour
Green onions to garnish with
2 bags of frozen broccoli (I use steam fresh)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Start a frying pan on med heat with the sesame oil. Meanwhile, salt and pepper both sides of chicken thighs. When oil is hot enough to hear a sizzle add chicken and sear both sides and place into a baking dish.
3. Make Sause: add garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, honey, Chinese spice, paprika, and chili flakes and whisk until blended well.
4. Microwave steamtable fresh broccoli bags. Don’t do it whole time it will finish cooking in oven—leave about a minute left.
5. Add broccoli to baking dish.
6. Pour Sause over chicken and broccoli. And cover with foil. Bake for about 20 minutes.
7. Take out of oven, spoon out chicken and broccoli and put in large bowl to side. Grab a Sause pot and put the Sause of baking dish into Sause pot. Add 1 to 2 tbs arrowroot flower but take out some Sause to mix it with separately. Bring to a boil and let Sause thicken. When its your desired thickness, take off heat.
8. Place chicken and broccoli bake into baking dish and pour thickened Sause over it and cook for another 10 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!