For some reason my husband is fond of meat. He loves this adaptation of a southern cornpone pie. He asks for this often. And it pleases a crowd. It makes a lot. Let the good times roll! Enjoy!
1lb ground meat
1 sausage link or 4 smaller links
1package of center cut bacon
2 cans of kidney beans rinsed
2 cans of pinto beans rinsed
3 to 4 carrots chopped
1 onion chopped
2 bell peppers chopped
2 to 3 tbs Garlic minced
I can diced tomato’s
Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt to taste
I large can green beans
1 head of cauliflower
3tbs clarified butter
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1. In a skillet with a tbs avocado oil, sauté onions, bell pepper, and carrots until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook till fragrant. Add ground meat and cook until meat is cooked through. Drain excess oil and set aside.
1a. While cooking in skillet, start to boil cut up cauliflower with salted water. And start to heat up oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook bacon and sausage until cooked through. Drain excess fat and add ground meat mixture back in.
3. Rinse all canned veggies(except diced tomatoes)and add to skillet. Add seasoning. Add diced tomatoes. And allow to cook though.
4. Take out boiled cauliflower and drain. Then add to blender with clarified butter and Parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth.
5. Add meat mixture to large baking dish and pour mashed cauliflower on top spreading evenly. Add a little more Parmesan to top and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with parsley and serve!!! Enjoy!!!