Recipe by Melissa Joulwan, Well Feed Weeknights
This meatball recipe is awesome. My son ate them! I have picky kids! It is like they are fried but not! Pork skins are the secret here, seriously so good!
1 ½ lbs ground pork
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tbs lemon juice
½ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
1 large egg, beaten
3 oz port rinds (crushed)
1. Preheat oven 425 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and minced parsley. Mix until well combined. Roll meat into balls, about 1 to 1 ½ tbs each, and set aside.
3. Crush pork rinds and put onto a plate, so you can roll the ball into it.
4. Beat the eggs and place in a shallow bowl.
5. Roll the balls: egg mixture then pork rinds
6. Set rolled meatballs on to baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are sizzling and crisp.
8. Serve! I am telling you, so so so good!!