This meal had my husband eating thirds! It is so good, I even ate it for lunch all week long–and truth be told, I want to cook it again so I can eat it again. It was that good. I used butternut squash as a side, I boiled it and then drained it. I added a little ghee, salt and pepper–and it was as easy as 1 2 3.
Skinny Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
by: Skinny Taste
• 1 1/2 tsp oil
• 3/4 cup onions, minced
• 1 lbs 93% lean ground beef
• 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
• 1/2 cup crushed pork skins
• 1 large egg
• 1 large egg white
• 2 cups beef broth
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, to taste
• 8 oz sliced mushrooms
• 2 tbsp almond flour
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
• 1 tsp red wine vinegar
• 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, to taste
• 1/2 tsp mustard powder
• 1/4 cup water
• chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
• Sauté onions in oil over medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
• In a large bowl, combine half of the sautéed onions, ground beef, ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, egg white, 1/4 cup beef broth, salt and black pepper.
• Shape into 8 oval patties.
• In a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Set aside on a dish.
• Add mushrooms to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and sauté 2-3 minutes.
• Return patties to the skillet with the mushrooms.
• In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining broth until smooth. Mix in remaining onions, tomato paste, vinegar, water, worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
• Pour over meat and mushrooms in skillet.