I never believed in gluten free baking. I am now Converted!!! This is so good, supper easy, and a family hit!!! Once a week I make something special for breakfast that we all enjoy, I made this with a my low carb breakfast pie, and my family went bonkers!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Cake
Recipe by: Mamma Knows Gluten Free
3 cups gluten-free flour
1 ½ tsp xanthan gum (if your flour doesn’t have any)
¼ tsp salt
4 tsp gluten free baking powder
1/12 cups milk (for dairy free use a nut milk)
2tsp vanilla extract
½ cup unsalted butter, melted (for dairy free use earth balance or smart balance)
1 cup unsalted butter (for dairy free use earth balance or smart balance)
1cup packed brown sugar
2 tbs gluten free flour
1 tbs cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tbs milk (for dairy free use nut milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray a 9×13 glass baking pan with cooking spray, or use your pampered chef stoneware (that’s what I did)
3. In a large bowl add the gluten free flour, xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it in it), salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
4. Once combined stir in melted butter.
5. The cake batter will be very thick and sticky. Pour into baking pan and spread out.
1. In a large bowl, cream butter brown sugar, gluten free flour and cinnamon together with a mixer.
2. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the butter mixture into the cake batter.
3. Use a knife to swirl the butter mixture through the cake.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Use a toothpick to check and see if the center is done.
For the Glaze:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the powders sugar, milk and pure vanilla extract together.
2. Pour over warm cake and let sit for 5 to 6 minutes to allow premium soakage for the glaze.
3. Serve and enjoy
4. Store in an airtight container.