Low Carb Breakfast “Pie”
Recipe by Amy Shaw Chilson
This is an absolute crowd pleaser. And it’s OMG Easy! Have a brunch and create this, you will become the topic of every body’s conversation. Seriously. It’s that good.
1 lb. maple breakfast sausage
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
7 Large Eggs, beaten
1 chopped onion
2 chopped bell peppers
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown sausage in a skillet. Set aside to cool and drain.
3. Cook onions and bell peppers in skillet. Set aside to cool and drain.
4. Put sausage in pie plate and make a ‘crust’.
5. Add onions and bell pepper evenly to bottom
6. Mix spices, eggs, and cheese together and pour in pie plate.
7. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, I was good with 45 minutes.
8. Serve with some picante Sause and a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt.